Parents and students have a lot of rights in the IEP process. But, they're meaningless if you don't know what they are and how to use them.
In this course, you will receive information and training on:
- ESY, Extended School Year
- IEP Placement Options and how to steer your IEP toward your desired placement
- Eligibility categories and special factors on an IEP
- parent rights/ procedural safeguards: An in-depth look at what these documents really say and mean
- School Discipline and IEP (the rules are different!)
- LRE, Least Restrictive Environment
- IDEA, Supreme Court decisions and other laws affecting IEPs
- IEP forms: What are all those forms you fill out, and what is their significance?